Choosing a Stump Buckets? We created this guide so you can find the best Stump Buckets on the market.
We’ve analyzed all of the Stump Bucketss on the market, looking at reviews, cost, ease of purchase, and many other factors.
Thus, we have compiled a ranking of the best Stump Buckets.
What is Stump Bucket?
Stump bucket – is an attachment for tractor, mini loader, and other types of machines designed to remove stumps.
It’s called different things: stump bucket, front hoe bucket, and a poor man’s backhoe. This bucket is used to remove small stumps, saplings, old landscaping, dig holes for new landscaping, dig shallow trenches, or carry boulders.
Stump Bucket for Tractor: In a nutshell
- Used in construction, landscaping, farming, and forestry.
- Сan tackle a lot of digging projects for a fraction of the cost.
Best Stump Bucket
Titan Attachments Extreme HD Stump Bucket V2
- Heavy-duty steel construction.
- This bucket fits with almost all skid steers, loaders, and tractors.
- The heavy-duty serrated leading edge allows you to break through any debris and shred through root systems without having to use a saw or shears.
- Great for construction and landscaping.
|Material 1/2″ Steel Construction||Length 46″ (Including Teeth)|
|Height 20″||Cutting Edge 20″ Wide|
|Width 45″||Weight 470 lb.|
The Titan stump bucket for Skid Steer Quick Tach is perfect for uprooting tree stumps, lifting concrete slabs, and for digging footing around a house. The leading edge of the bucket is designed to shred roots and other debris without having to use a saw or shears. The heavy duty steel construction ensures that this bucket can handle the most severe work conditions. Used in construction, landscaping, farming, and forestry.
Titan Attachments Stump Bucket Grapple Attachment Extreme Duty 0.5″
- Made from heavy-duty, sturdy 0.5-inch steel that will withstand intemperate weather and tough environments.
- Great for landscaping.
- Compatible with most tractors.
Titan Attachments Stump Bucket Skid Steer Quick
- Economical Lightweight Design
- Serrated leading edge 5/16″ Steel Construction
- Height: 20″ 45″ Wide
- 46″ long (including teeth) 20″ Wide cutting edge
- Weight: 151 lb
Titan Attachments Grapple Bucket for Skid Steer 48″
- Universal skid steer style hookup Greasable pins and bushings
- Hoses and flat-faced couplers are included Single 3,000 PSI cylinder
- Weight: 450 lbs Width: 48″ Opening
- Height: 34″ Side thickness: 3/8″ Teeth Length: 24″ Teeth Thickness: 3/8″
Titan Attachments Ditch Bucket 16″ BK215
- The 16″ Ditch Bucket for 3 Point Backhoe is a direct replacement for the BK215.
- Vshaped bucket to create wide trenches with a narrow bottom.
- Designed from high quality, heavy-duty material and powder-coated black for a longer-lasting finish.
How to choose attachments for your machine
You’re probably wondering how to choose attachments for your machine. The first step in picking attachments is to consider the type of machine you have. Different attachments will be available for each, so let’s start there.
- Tractors. When it comes to tractors, you usually have more horsepower than a skid steer loader, but also fewer options when it comes to attachments. Still, many of the most useful tools are available, and with the extra power, they can also be more efficient depending on the job.
- From augers and backhoe attachments to snow blowers and tree pullers, you’ll find a wide variety of attachments for your mini loader. The dimensions and weight of this type of machine allow it to be used in more situations than you would normally find on a tractor.
- Skid Steer Mini Loaders. Several of the same attachments for full-size mini skid steer loaders are available for mini skid steer loaders. This can make them just as useful, especially with chores in mind.
Attachments for mini skid steers
Because of their versatility, mini skid steer loaders are also a staple in many other trades. Along with construction, you can expect skid steer loaders to be used by landscapers and farmers. Depending on the attachment, skid steer loaders can perform a number of different jobs, limited only by the operator’s imagination and ability to put together attachments that may not yet be in production.
Landscaping professionals love the skid steer loader for its ease in moving dirt. A skid steer loader can fill, smooth, and shred a yard, leaving it ready for seeding. Not only does a skid steer attachment help with lawn leveling and repair, but skid steer shrub loaders can also quickly reclaim land overgrown with dense shrubbery.
When you have large herds of cattle or other animals to take care of, they tend to leave behind a mess that can be a huge headache to clean up, so a mini loader with a wide, deep bucket can soon become a farmer’s best friend. Farmers also find mini loaders useful for building fences, combining them with a hydraulically powered post or auger. It’s a very handy tool for everyday tasks on the farm.
Depending on the type of machine you have, you will find several common attachments that will save you time and money as you get the job done more efficiently. Let’s take a look at some tractor attachments you may need:
- Pallet fork attachments. With many sizes available, you can get your barn in order in no time and get materials and equipment right to the job site.
- Grapple bucket – clear and remove branches or clippings without the need for tying or other extra work.
Here are some essential attachments for mini loaders:
- Hay/bale spear attachments. Transporting round or square hay bales is quicker and easier with spear attachments, and there are many options for setup.
- Tree pullers and stump buckets. Get rid of the grueling job of removing trees or stumps and let your mini loader do the work.
Let’s take a look at a few important mini loader attachments:
- Grapple Rakes are ideal for moving, lifting, and getting rid of rocks, bushes, and other debris on your property.
- Combo buckets. Get any job done with one versatile attachment that allows you to do backfilling, spreading, scattering, backfilling and more.
Skid Steer Stump Bucket Buying Criteria
Next, we’ll show you what aspects you can use to choose between the many possible stump buckets. Criteria you can use to compare different stump buckets include:
There are two size factors to consider for each attachment. The size of the attachment is important for several reasons. Depending on the job you are doing, the implementation may be too small. It may not fit the items you are moving. If the implement is too big, it may not fit where you need it to.
The second consideration related to size is weight. The weight of the attachment will reduce the payload available to you while you’re working. If your machine is smaller and has a smaller lifting capacity, the weight of the attachment will make a much bigger difference. You can also use a lighter attachment if needed to free uplifting capacity. A large stump bucket should have extra power and be easier to dig out stumps. However, if you are going to use this accessory infrequently, a smaller version may be more appropriate.
The size of the stump bucket comes down to a few things; first, consider whether it will fit your mini loader or tractor. Second, how often you will use the stump bucket.
A large stump bucket should have extra power and be easier to dig out stumps. However, if you are going to use this accessory infrequently, a smaller version may be more appropriate.
The weight of the stump bucket can also cause problems for some mini loaders if it is too heavy, while a lighter stump bucket will require more effort to cut into the root structure.
Different manufacturers make stump buckets, so you should make sure that the model you want to purchase is compatible with the vehicle.
Some stump buckets can be used on a variety of mini loaders; however, some models will only be compatible with certain types of machines or tractors.
Stump buckets Price:
Stump buckets under $1500:
- Titan Attachments Extreme HD Stump Bucket V2;
- Titan Attachments Grapple Bucket for Skid Steer 48″
Stump buckets under $1000:
- Titan Attachments Stump Bucket Skid Steer Quick
Stump buckets under $500:
- Titan Attachments Ditch Bucket 16″ BK215
FAQ about Stump buckets
What is a stump bucket?
Machine types that are designed to remove tree stumps. They dig underneath the stump and into the root structure to remove the stump effectively.
Can I use a stump bucket to remove rocks and other debris?
Certain models can. A stump bucket can be used to remove rocks, scoop up loose soil, and dig trenches. Refer to the guidelines for each stump bucket to ensure that you are using it for the right purpose.
Do I need to be a professional to use a stump bucket?
No. If you have a tractor or skid steer, you can use a stump bucket. However, it is important to follow all the necessary safety guidance and information and read up on how to use this attachment safely if you haven’t operated one previously.